- Preparation Time
- Baking Time 17 minutes
- Baking Temperature 180°C (360°F)
- Total Time
- Makes 26 cookies
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1/4 cup soft butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp dried ginger powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1/4 tsp cloves powder
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg powder
- plain flour for rolling
- Take butter, brown sugar and honey in a deep bowl and blend well using a whisk for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Now add baking powder, baking soda, dried ginger powder, cinnamon powder, cloves powder, and nutmeg powder to the above and stir well using a whisk.
- Put in plain flour, blend well and knead it into a dough. Do not add any water to it.
- Cover it with a lid and refrigerate it for 30 minutes.
- Place the dough on a flat, dry surface dusted with plain flour and roll into a 200 mm. (8″) diameter circle.
- Cut the desired shape with the help of cookie or treat cutters.
- Continue doing till the dough is over and you get 26 treats in total.
- Place cookies on a baking tray or preparing plate and bake it in a pre-heated oven at 180°c (360° f) for 12 minutes.
- Repeat the above step to bake one more batch.
- Cool them totally. Keep aside.
- Mix icing sugar and water in a small bowl.
- Whisk well till the blend turns smooth and no knots remain.
- Pour it in a small piping bag.
- Decorate cookies/treats using icing as desired.
- Let it dry for 10 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
note:- Store it in an airtight container.
You can make the treats or cookies in any shape you want, however, cut them in the shape of small gingerbread men (you get readymade dough cutters in this shape), and decorate it with icing sugar in the form of eyes, nose etc.