Chocolate Sponge Cake
Chocolate Sponge Cake is easy and fast to make.
- Preparation Time
- Baking Time 25 to 30 minutes
- Baking Temperature 180°C (360°F)
- Total Time
- Makes 1 cake
- 1 cup plain flour (maida) or white flour or refined wheat flour
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 cup condensed milk
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 4 tbsp melted butter
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Filter together white flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and baking soda using a strainer. Keep aside.
- Take a deep bowl and combine condensed milk, melted butter, vanilla essence and 5 tbsp of water. Beat well using a whisk.
- Now add the sieved flour mixture and mix gently with help of a spatula to make a smooth batter of dropping consistency.
- Pour the batter into greased and dusted a 175 mm. (7”) diameter cake tin. Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180ºc (360ºf) for 20 to 25 minutes or till the cake springs back when lightly touched.
- Remove from oven, invert the tin, and tap to unmould the cake.
- Keep aside to cool and use as required.
- Your chocolate sponge cake is ready.
- Garnish it with melted chocolate, nuts or candies as per your taste.
If you try this recipe let me know what you think! Leave a comment and don’t forget to take a picture and share it on my Facebook page